To ensure a pest-free summer, it’s important to start flea prevention and treatment as soon as possible.
Did you know?
- In just 30 days, 10 female fleas can multiply to over a quarter million new fleas in different life stages.
- Fleas can jump vertically up to seven inches and horizontally thirteen inches.
- Female fleas start producing eggs within 24 to 48 hours after taking their first blood meal and can lay up to 40 to 50 eggs per day.
- Optimum conditions for flea larvae are 65-80 ºF with shaded areas and high humidity.
- Flea pupae can lie dormant for many months or can change into adult fleas in as few as 5 days.
To help pet-parents choose the correct flea and tick products for their pets, Hartz has created the Flea and Tick Care Station. This interactive Facebook tab allows users to create a custom profile for their pet(s). The tool will select the very best ®UltraGuard choice for their dog or cat based off of weight, age, geographical location, infestation status, and type of pet.
Want more information on fleas and ticks? Check out our UltraGuard brand page.