Order Management Representative
At Hartz we aim to strengthen the bond between pets and their families by providing innovative, trustworthy, and affordable products; along with the knowledge and support to care for pets. If you are passionate about Customer Service, please apply to join The Hartz Mountain Corporation in our mission to become the leading pet care company by playing a major role to create a world where every pet leads a healthy, happy, and long life in a loving home. Hartz has been in business for 90+ years, and the Order Management Representative position is based at our Corporate Headquarters in Secaucus, NJ.
The Order Management Representative provides professional Account Order Management that consistently exceeds Company standards of excellence and customer expectations. They manage customer orders on a daily basis, and are directly responsible for maintaining and improving order management. They are the key link in communication with our customers and internal groups. The individual works closely with our Transportation, Customer Planning, Supply Planning, and Distribution Departments to ensure that every order is processed and delivered on time.
- 2+ years order management, customer service, or related experience, ideally with a CPG company
- Associates Degree or higher, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using an ERP system (Oracle R12 a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in direct import and/or export order processing is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as part of a team
- Handle customer inquiries and facilitate solutions
- Enter and process all incoming orders and maintain tracking system
- Set up and document the order process for new customers
- Set up and maintain the company’s order processing manual
- Set up and maintain customer databases (including pricing)
- Work closely with other internal and external groups to achieve timely order processing and delivery
The duties and responsibilities listed here serve as an example of the typical activities associated with this position. The position includes, but is not limited to these duties. Employees may perform additional duties as required by their supervisor(s) or as needed by the department(s).