Tell pesky parasites to ‘bug off’ with Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Powder. This water-resistant powder kills fleas, ticks, and lice for up to 7 days. For use on cats 12 weeks of age or older.
Directions for Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
USE ONLY ON CATS
- Dust entire cat beginning at head and working back.
- Make sure that the powder gets down to the skin.
- Take care to treat feet and legs.
- Lightly dust cat’s bedding with approximately the same amount of powder.
- Repeat treatment of cat and bedding at weekly intervals if necessary.
- Use approximately 1/3 ounce of powder for a small cat.
- Use approximately 1/2 ounce of powder for a large cat.
There is sufficient powder in this container to treat a large cat 8 times.
Storage and Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Keep this product in its tightly closed original container, when not in use. Store in a cool, dry (preferably locked) area that is inaccessible to children and animals.
Pesticide Disposal: If empty: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
CAUTION: Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Not for use on kittens less than 12 weeks of age. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant, nursing, or medicated animals. Sensitivity may occur after using ANY pesticide product on pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Do not use this product on animals simultaneously or within 30 days before or after treatment with or exposure to cholinesterase inhibiting drugs, pesticides or chemicals. However, ﬂea and tick collars may be immediately replaced.
Contains an organophosphate that inhibits cholinesterase.
- Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
- Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
- Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
- Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If on skin or clothing
- Take off contaminated clothing.
- Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If in eyes
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present, after the ﬁrst 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For additional information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies or pesticide incidents), you may call 1-800-275-1414 twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.
Note to Physicians and Veterinarians: This product contains an organophosphate and may cause cholinesterase inhibition. Cholinergic symptoms may include salivation, miosis, incoordination, muscle fasciculation and/or weakness, vomiting and diarrhea. Atropine is antidotal only if symptoms of cholinesterase inhibition are present. 2-PAM may be effective as an adjunct to atropine. Call 1-800-275-1414 or your local Poison Control Center for further information.