- Offers relief for dogs suffering from ear mites by killing the parasites on contact
- Includes 3 treatments
- Contains aloe to help soothe irritated skin
- Not for use on puppies less than 12 weeks old. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals, or animals on medication
Hartz UltraGuard Ear Mite Treatment for Dogs offers relief for dogs suffering from ear mites. Dogs that have ear mites will typically shake their head and scratch their ears frequently. Ear mites live in the ear canal of the animal and cause a brownish, waxy debris. Ear mites may be detected by placing some of the waxy debris on a dark surface and carefully watching for the movement of tiny white specks away from the debris. Inflamed, watery or blocked ear canals indicate a more serious condition which requires the service of a veterinarian.
Directions for Use
To kill ear mites:
- remove one applicator tube from package and hold in an upright position
- Pull off cap. Turn the cap around and place on top of tube.
- Simply press cap down to break the seal of the tube and remove cap carefully
- Position the tip of the tube at the base of the pet's ear. Firmly hold pet and fill each ear canal with labeled number of drops (below)
- Massage base of ear to ensure insecticidal action penetrates ear wax
- Gently dry with a cotton ball, soft cloth or cotton swab
- After application, simply invert the cap of the tube and snap back on the tube for easy closure
Body Weight Dosage 5-15 lbs. 4-5 drops/day/ear 16-30 lbs. 5-10 drops day/ear 30 lbs. and over 10-15 drops day/ear
If conditions for which this preparation is used persist or if an irritation develops, discontinue use and consult a veterinarian. This product may be applied daily for 7 to 10 days. Repeat treatment in two weeks if necessary.
Not for use on puppies less than 12 weeks old. Consult a veterinarian before using this product in debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals, or animals on medication. Avoid contact with eyes.
Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.