- Fresh-scented spray kills fleas and ticks on contact for up to 7 days, plus prevents re-infestation by stopping flea eggs from hatching for 1 month
- Includes a 16 ounce spray bottle
- Enriched with aloe to provide soothing relief from itchy, irritated skin
- Can be used weekly for preventative treatment
- For dogs and puppies 12 weeks of age and older
|12 Weeks & Older||16 oz.||for Dogs and Puppies|
Get through flea and tick season without an itch! Hartz UltraGuard Plus Aloe Flea & Tick Dog Spray kills and repels pesky fleas and ticks for up to 7 days while preventing re-infestation by stopping flea eggs from hatching for 30 days.
The convenient spray bottle disperses a wide, gentle stream of product enriched with aloe to help soothe your dog's delicate skin.
Directions for Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
- Hold bottle upright about 6 inches from pet.
- Spray lightly until the tips of the pet’s hair are moist. Keep spray out of pet’s eyes.
- Rub spray into animal’s coat. For long haired dogs, ruffle fur to allow the spray to reach skin.
- After 10 minutes, dry dog with towel.
- Comb and brush coat.
- Repeat once a week.
- If you see a tick, spray it directly.
- Be sure to treat the animal’s bedding and surroundings with a product registered for these uses, such as Hartz® UltraGuard Plus® Flea & Tick Home Spray.
- Spray 25-30 strokes for a small dog (e.g. Terrier).
- Spray 30-40 strokes for a medium dog (e.g. Spaniel).
- Spray 40-70 strokes for a large dog (e.g. Labrador).
More spray may be needed for long haired dogs.
Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
CAUTION: Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Do not use on puppies less than twelve (12) weeks old. Do not spray in eyes. To prevent harm to you or your pet, read entire label before use. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant, nursing, or medicated animals.
Sensitivity may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: This product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. Using it in a manner other than that described by this label could result in harm to aquatic invertebrates.
NOTICE: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer.
If on skin or clothing •Take off contaminated clothing. •Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. •Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If in eyes •Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. •Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. •Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If swallowed •Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. •Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. •Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. •Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For additional information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies or pesticide incidents), you may call 1-800-275-1414 twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.
Note to Physicians and Veterinarians: This product contains an organophosphate and may cause cholinesterase inhibition. Cholinergic symptoms may include salivation, miosis, incoordination, muscle fasciculation and/or weakness, vomiting and diarrhea. Atropine is antidotal. 2-PAM may be effective as an adjunct to atropine. Call 1-800-275-1414 or your local Poison Control Center for further information.
Storage and Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Keep this product in its tightly closed original container, when not in use. Store in a cool, dry (preferably locked) area that is inaccessible to children and animals.
Container Disposal: If empty: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling, if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.