- Topical drop formula kills fleas and deer ticks
- Includes 3 monthly treatments in easy to apply, single dose tubes
- Repels mosquitoes for 18 days
- For use on cats and kittens 12 weeks and older weighing 5 pounds and over
|5lbs. and Over|
Tell pesky parasites to ‘bug off’ with the Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Prevention for Cats and Kittens. Each convenient and easy to apply, single dose tube kills fleas and deer ticks. Also repels mosquitos.
Use only on cats and kittens 12 weeks and older weighing 5 pounds and over. Package contains three treatments — a three-month supply.
Directions For Use
- Remove one applicator tube from the package and hold in an upright position pointed away from your face.
- Pull off cap. Turn the cap around and place on top of tube.
- Simply press cap down to break the seal of tube. Remove cap carefully.
- Prior to application of the product, gently lift the cat’s or kitten’s hair coat on the back of the neck at the base of the skull, position the tip of the tube on the cat’s exposed skin and squeeze out the entire contents of the tube onto the cat’s skin. Do not bathe cat within the first 24 hours after Spot On product has been applied. Households with more than one cat should prevent cats from grooming each other until solution has dried.
- Repeat application once every month.
- It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE USE
TO PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND YOUR CAT READ ENTIRE LABEL AND DIRECTIONS BEFORE EACH USE. FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS AND PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CAREFULLY. USE ONLY ON CATS.
This product contains 3 monthly dosages, each 1.65 mL. Do not apply more than once every month. Do not get this product in your cat’s eyes or mouth.
DO NOT USE ON OTHER ANIMALS.
DO NOT EXCEED LABELED DOSAGE AMOUNT FOR CATS.
DO NOT APPLY MORE THAN ONE (1) TUBE PER TREATMENT ON ANY CAT.
DO NOT HAVE CONTACT OR ALLOW CHILDREN OR OTHER PETS TO HAVE CONTACT WITH TREATED AREA UNTIL COMPLETELY DRY.
DO NOT APPLY TO CATS WEIGHING LESS THAN 5 LBS OR LESS THAN 12 WEEKS OF AGE.
DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CATS TO INGEST THIS PRODUCT.
HOUSEHOLDS WITH MORE THAN ONE CAT:
PREVENT CATS FROM GROOMING EACH OTHER UNTIL SOLUTION HAS DRIED.
DO NOT DOUBLE-DOSE OR APPLY MORE THAN ONE APPLICATOR TUBE PER TREATMENT FOR ONE CAT REGARDLESS OF THE CAT’S WEIGHT.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS:
CAUTION: Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS:
For External Use on Cats Only. Do not use on kittens less than 12 weeks old and less than 5lbs. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals.
Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated cats. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Due to the bitter taste of the product, oral exposure could result in salivation. Be careful not to get any product in the cat’s mouth during application. For multiple cat households, prevent the cats from grooming each other until the product has dried. If the salivation continues or other clinical signs are noted, please call 1-800-275-1414.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS:
Combustible. Do not use or store near heat or open flame.
IF IN EYES:
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently
with water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present, after the
first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-275-1414 for emergency medical treatment information.
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Keep this product in its tightly closed original container, when not in use. Store in a cool, dry (preferably locked) area that is inaccessible to children and animals.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Wastes resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
CONTAINER HANDLING: Non-refillable container. Do not refill or reuse this container. If empty: Offer for recycling, if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Side Effects: Monitor your cat after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-800-275-1414.