- Fresh scented
- Kills and repels fleas and ticks for 7 months. Can be worn simultaneously with your dog's regular collar
- Reflective strip reflects direct light up to 300 feet away for an added dimension of night time safety
- Water-resistant design won't cause loss of effectiveness if your playful pup takes a stroll in the rain
- Fits dogs with necks that measure up to 20 inches
- For use on adult dogs and puppies 12 weeks of age and older
|White / Reflective||Fits Dogs with Necks Up to 20"|
|White||Fits Dogs with Necks Up to 26"|
|White||Fits Dogs with Necks Up to 20"|
|White||Fits up to 15" Necks|
Tell pesky parasites to ‘bug off’ with the Hartz UltraGuard Reflecting Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs and Puppies. This fresh scented collar fits canines with necks up to 20 inches to kill and repels fleas and ticks for 7 continuous months.
The water resistant design remains effective even after playtime in the rain. A reflective strip also reflects direct light up to 300 feet for bonus visibility. For continuous flea and tick protection from head to tail, replace the collar every 7 months.
Directions for Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
REMOVE COLLAR FROM PACKAGE, UNROLL AND STRETCH TO ACTIVATE INSECTICIDE GENERATOR.
As the collar begins to work, a fine white powder will appear on the surface.
Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks of age. Do not unroll collar until ready to use. Place the collar around the dog’s neck, adjust for proper fit, and buckle in place. The collar must be worn loosely to allow for growth of the dog and to permit the collar to move about the neck. Generally, a properly fitted collar is one that, when fastened, will snugly slide over the dog’s head. Leave 2 or 3 inches on the collar for extra adjustment and cut off and dispose of the extra length. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, or medicated animals.
If used on pregnant or nursing dogs, do not replace collar until the puppies are at least 12 weeks old. Sensitivity may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. Some animals may become irritated by any collar if it is applied too tightly. If this occurs, loosen the collar. If irritation continues, remove the collar from the dog. If signs of sensitivity occur, remove the collar and bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately. Do not use this product on dogs simultaneously or within 30 days before or after treatment with or exposure to cholinesterase inhibiting drugs, pesticides, or chemicals. However, flea and tick collars may be immediately replaced.
This collar is intended for use only as an insecticide generator.
The collar will begin to kill fleas and ticks immediately. For continuous flea and tick protection under normal conditions replace the collar every seven months. The collar kills ticks for 5 months and aids in their control an additional 2 months. Under conditions where dogs are exposed to severe flea and tick infestations it may be necessary to replace the collar more frequently; however, do not replace the collar more frequently than every 5 months.
Wetting will not impair the collar’s effectiveness or the pet’s protection. If the dog goes swimming or is out in the rain it is not necessary to remove the collar. The collar may be worn with a regular collar. It is recommended that the pet’s bedding or sleeping quarters be treated for flea and tick control with a product registered for this use such as Hartz® UltraGuard PLUS® Flea & Tick Home Spray.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
CAUTION: Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes,
skin, or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
If Swallowed: Call a Poison Control Center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a Poison Control Center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If On Skin Or Clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
If In Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor, or going for treatment. For additional information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies or pesticide incidents), you may call 1-800-275-1414 twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.
Note to Physicians and Veterinarians: This product contains tetrachlorvinphos (an organophosphate) which is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Cholinergic symptoms may include salivation, miosis, incoordination, muscle fasciculation and/or weakness, vomiting and diarrhea. Atropine is antidotal. 2-PAM may be effective as an adjunct to atropine. Call 1-800-275-1414 or your local Poison Control Center for further information.
Storage and Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal. Pesticide Storage: Keep this product in its tightly closed original container, when not in use.Store in a cool, dry (preferably locked) area that is inaccessible to children and animals. Pesticide Disposal: If empty: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling, if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
NOTICE: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer.
For more information, call our experts at 1-800-275-1414